BRENT JESSEE RECORDING TUBE SALES
VACUUM TUBE TESTERS FOR SALE
I have some vintage vacuum tube testers for sale, and are listed here on this page. Anyone who has a sizeable investment in vacuum tubes or vacuum tube hi-fi equipment owes it to themselves to have a good tube tester on hand to periodically check the tubes they are using. You can take a more active role in "tube rolling" as you can match your own pairs, and keep tabs on the tubes you are currently using and know well in advance of when replacement time is near.
Tube testers have been out of production since the late 1970s, and supplies are only fair at this time. The prices have been steadily on the rise, especially with the frenzied buying of certain vintage testers on eBay and other online auction sites. Some of these sell prices of certain brands and models are grossly inflated. Hopefully on this webpage I can present good vintage tube testers at reasonable prices, away from the frenzy of the online auctionplace.
Knight 600A Series Tube Tester
Here is a nice general purpose tube tester that will test the majority of hi-fi, musical instrument amp, and ham radio tubes. Has sockets for all hi-fi and guitar amp tubes such as octal, loktal, plus 7 pin and 9 pin glass. Features hard to find compactron, novar and magnoval sockets too. It even tests antique radio and amp 4, 5, and 6 pin large pin tubes. Knight testers were very similar to Heathkit, and were the better quality emissions testers available. This is a compact portable model in a Tolex covered wood case, and is reasonably clean. Like most of these portable testers, the outer Tolex is scuffed and torn in places. We have calibrated the tester. These testers are perfect for anyone with antique radios, ham equipment, tube hi-fi components, or guitar amps who just want to know if their tubes are good or bad. This tester is reasonably accurate and easy to use. Includes the original manual. Has a nice working roll chart listing thousands of tube types. Highlights include:
- Accurate emissions merit test is easily read on the English type GOOD-BAD scale. Scale to 120 for balancing tubes on quality of emissions.
- Meter and line test circuit has been calibrated and tested.
- Calibration checked and found to be accurate when compared with more expensive and complex transconductance testers.
- Has sockets for most late model hifi tubes. Settings for 6550, 6CA7, 300B, 2A3, and other hard to test tubes. Has antique tube sockets, too.
- Dual section tubes are quickly checked by resetting just one or more switches.
- Sensitive gas test reads directly on the meter.
- Calibration pot for setting power line level, with indication on the meter, to insure accurate tests regardless of line voltage variations.
- Life-test by dropping filament voltage one notch is easily done, which will indicate on the meter.
- With copy of manual and working roll chart. Completely cleaned and tested.
- Lightweight suitcase model, all in good condition.
- $120.00 plus insured shipping.
$120.00 Plus Shipping
MORE TESTERS CAN BE SEEN BY CLICKING HERE!
Questions? Call us at 847-496-4546 from 8 AM until 4 PM, Monday through Friday, USA Central Standard Time. Or, e-mail us.
Click here for a printable order form. Use your "back" button to return to this page.
Return to the Audiophile tube page.
Return to the Main tube page.
Return to the Home page.
NEW! Order tubes or merchandise online using your credit card! Click here: