BRENT JESSEE RECORDING & SUPPLY, INC.
VACUUM TUBE TESTERS FOR SALE
I have some vintage vacuum tube testers for sale, and are listed here on this page. Anyone who has a sizeable investment in vacuum tubes or vacuum tube hi-fi equipment owes it to themselves to have a good tube tester on hand to periodically check the tubes they are using. You can take a more active role in "tube rolling" as you can match your own pairs, and keep tabs on the tubes you are currently using and know well in advance of when replacement time is near.
Tube testers have been out of production since the late 1970s, and supplies are only fair at this time. The prices have been steadily on the rise, especially with the frenzied buying of certain vintage testers on eBay and other online auction sites. Some of these sell prices of certain brands and models are grossly inflated. Hopefully on this webpage I can present good vintage tube testers at reasonable prices, away from the frenzy of the online auctionplace.
Hickok Model 6000A Dynamic Mutual Conductance Tube Tester
This is a great Hickok Tube tester that is probably one of the easiest and fastest Hickok to operate. It is a true Gm or Dynamic Mutual Conductance tester with the patented Hickok circuitry, so you are assured of getting the legendary Hickok accuracy on your tests. The red suitcase model Hickok testers that began with the model 600 proved to be their most popular, and well built, as evidenced by the thousands of them still in service today. This model 6000 was the Hickok answer to those who wanted accuracy like the model 539C in an updated tester that was easy to use, and included a fast test for transistors as well. This tester has the sophistication of the lab type 539C and is a faster setup. Reads both English Good-Bad, and actual micromhos on the meter. It also features a series of sensitive leakage and shorts tests. This is one sweet tester in fairly clean condition. The only issue is the lid which has torn and missing red cloth covering, which can be taped, or removed entirely. Highlights include:
- Reads in micromhos, for accurate Gm measurements and tube balancing.
- Measures true transconductance, the most accurate method to test tubes.
- Calibration checked and found to be accurate. Tubes inside are NOS.
- Has sockets for most late model hifi tubes.
- Calibration and bench testing provided, included in cost.
- Very sensitive gas tests, read right on the meter!
- Calibration pot for setting power line level, with indication on the meter, to insure accurate tests regardless of line voltage variations.
- Gm listed on the roll chart and can be read directly on the meter with no scale multiplying. Multiplier switch for actual Gm readings.
- Fast transistor test function.
- Comes with manual, extra roll chart, and update book.
- Main power fused by front panel lamp for safety and ease of replacement.
- Benchtop model, with lid. Tester itself is in excellent condition.
- $500.00 plus insured shipping.
$500.00 Plus Shipping
MORE TESTERS CAN BE SEEN BY CLICKING HERE!
Questions? Call us at 847-496-4546 from 8 AM until 4 PM, Monday through Friday, USA Central Standard Time. Or, e-mail us.
Click here for a printable order form. Use your "back" button to return to this page.
Return to the Audiophile tube page.
Return to the Main tube page.
Return to the Home page.
NEW! Order tubes or merchandise online using your credit card! Click here: