BRENT JESSEE RECORDING & SUPPLY, INC.
VACUUM TUBE TESTERS FOR SALE
I have some vintage vacuum tube testers for sale, and are listed here on this page. Anyone who has a sizeable investment in vacuum tubes or vacuum tube hi-fi equipment owes it to themselves to have a good tube tester on hand to periodically check the tubes they are using. You can take a more active role in "tube rolling" as you can match your own pairs, and keep tabs on the tubes you are currently using and know well in advance of when replacement time is near.
Tube testers have been out of production since the late 1970s, and supplies are only fair at this time. The prices have been steadily on the rise, especially with the frenzied buying of certain vintage testers on eBay and other online auction sites. Some of these sell prices of certain brands and models are grossly inflated. Hopefully on this webpage I can present good vintage tube testers at reasonable prices, away from the frenzy of the online auctionplace.
Hickok Model 533 Dynamic Mutual Conductance Tube Tester
This is a great Hickok made Tube tester that is probably the easiest and fastest Hickok to operate. The Hickok model 533 tube tester is one of their most popular models. As with most all of Hickok tube testers, this unit uses the mutual transconductance method for testing of tube quality. This is a Hickok patent and no other tester was like it since Hickok did not license their patents to other manufacturers. Their Gm or mutual transconductance method of testing was the most accurate and second to none. This tester has the features of the more costly Hickok models 600 and 800 and the accuracy of the rare model 539, in an easy-to-learn tester. You have the choice of reading a simple GOOD-BAD English type scale, or actually reading the Gm in micromhos directly on the meter with three different switch selectable scales.
The tester is in a suitcase just like the Hickok model 539C and the case is in good condition. This tester is in good cosmetic condition, with light normal wear showing on the face. the only issue with the case is that one back hinge is missing but that does not affect the lid closing and latching, and the lid is easily removed for bench top operation. The unit functions just fine. Remember, included in your price for this tester is a complete calibration check and bench testing by us (easily a $200 to $300 value plus shipping if you had to send it out to have this done), and a full 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Highlights include:
- Has 4,5,6 and 7 pin large sockets, 7 and 9 pin minature, octal, locktol, and acorn sockets. Ideal for testing older antique type tubes such as 01A, 45, 50, 2A3,80, 6L6, 6CA7, etc. Compactron type tubes can be tested with model CA5 adaptor.
- Measures true transconductance, the most accurate method to test tubes.
- Calibration checked and found to be accurate. New 5Y3GT and 83 tubes.
- All switches, controls, and internal tube sockets cleaned.
- Read transconductance directly in micromhos or read Good-?-Bad Scale.
- Very sensitive gas and leakage tests, will catch a gassy power tube that may not bias properly if used!
- Sensitive shorts tests lights neon bulb when there is either a direct short between elements or high resistance leakage.
- Noise test is useful for detecting microphonic tubes.
- Built in roll chart has settings for most popular tubes
- Life-test switch to lower the filament voltage, and will indicate on the meter.
- Main power fused by front panel lamp for safety and ease of replacement.
- Includes instruction manual and settings suppliment list.
- Calibration and bench test included in price.
- $399.00 plus insured shipping.
$399.00 Plus Shipping
MORE TESTERS CAN BE SEEN BY CLICKING HERE!
Questions? Call us at 847-496-4546 from 8 AM until 4 PM, Monday through Friday, USA Central Standard Time. Or, e-mail us.
Click here for a printable order form. Use your "back" button to return to this page.
Return to the Audiophile tube page.
Return to the Main tube page.
Return to the Home page.
NEW! Order tubes or merchandise online using your credit card! Click here: