BRENT JESSEE RECORDING & SUPPLY, INC.
VACUUM TUBE TESTERS FOR SALE
I have some vintage vacuum tube testers for sale, and are listed here on this page. Anyone who has a sizeable investment in vacuum tubes or vacuum tube hi-fi equipment owes it to themselves to have a good tube tester on hand to periodically check the tubes they are using. You can take a more active role in "tube rolling" as you can match your own pairs, and keep tabs on the tubes you are currently using and know well in advance of when replacement time is near.
Tube testers have been out of production since the late 1970s, and supplies are only fair at this time. The prices have been steadily on the rise, especially with the frenzied buying of certain vintage testers on eBay and other online auction sites. Some of these sell prices of certain brands and models are grossly inflated. Hopefully on this webpage I can present good vintage tube testers at reasonable prices, away from the frenzy of the online auctionplace.
NEW! The Alessandro Bias and Matching Meter
This very cool dual test meter lets you regain control over your amp's sonic output. Any time you replace power audio tubes the bias of your amp should be checked and/or adjusted. As power tubes age, the bias should periodically be rechecked and adjusted as needed, or the tubes replaced if they have drifted out of tolerance. This is a brand new currently manufactured unit, not used or refurbished, and we have many of these in stock. This unit is remarkably quick and easy to use. Works with 6L6, 6V6, 6F6, 6K6, 5881, EL34 / 6CA7, 7581, 7591, 7027, 6550, KT66, KT77, KT88 or any octal tube with the plate on pin 3. Can be used with guitar amps or hi-fi amps! You merely install the bias tool twin sockets into each pair of power tube sockets in your amp, and then install the power tubes into the amp through the bias sockets. Turn on the amp, then check and adjust the bias current balance using the accurate twin meters. It is fast, accurate, and easy! Highlights include:
- Twin meter display, no voltmeter or digital VOM needed.
- No switching sockets, or switching between tubes with a single display tester. Twin meters display plate current of both tubes!
- Measures true plate current under load in your own amp, the most accurate method to match power tubes.
- Each meter calibrated and reads 0-100 milliamps, within the suggested range of nearly all amps.
- Twin octal sockets connected by audio grade cable. Install easily in your amp, then plug the power tubes into them.
- Powered by your amp. Nothing else to plug in and no batteries to wear out!
- Works in any country of the world since it does not use the AC mains for power. We ship worldwide.
- Less expensive than other bias meters, and the ONLY one on the market with TWIN meters in one case.
- Handy chart of average bias current settings for most tubes on the front of the unit. Owner's manual included.
- Housed in a compact, handsome and rugged black case.
- Brand New Unit! Calibrated and complete with manufacturer's warranty!
- $189.95 plus insured shipping.
NOTE: This test instrument is only recommended for those who have electrical safety training. There are dangerous voltages inside of any amplifier, and opening an amp exposes the user to these hazardous voltages. The Alessandro Bias Meter is not recommended for those without training in basic electronics, amplifier servicing, or those not qualified or trained to work on electronics.
MORE TUBE TESTERS COMING VERY SOON, PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE!!!
Questions? Call us at 847-496-4546 from 8 AM until 4 PM, Monday through Friday, USA Central Standard Time. Or, e-mail us.
See more tube testers here.
Click here for a printable order form. Use your "back" button to return to this page.
Return to the Audiophile tube page.
Return to the Main tube page.
Return to the Home page.
NEW! Order tubes or merchandise online using your credit card! Click here: