BRENT JESSEE RECORDING & SUPPLY, INC.
VACUUM TUBE TESTERS FOR SALE
I have some vintage vacuum tube testers for sale, and are listed here on this page. Anyone who has a sizeable investment in vacuum tubes or vacuum tube hi-fi equipment owes it to themselves to have a good tube tester on hand to periodically check the tubes they are using. You can take a more active role in "tube rolling" as you can match your own pairs, and keep tabs on the tubes you are currently using and know well in advance of when replacement time is near.
Tube testers have been out of production since the late 1970s, and supplies are only fair at this time. The prices have been steadily on the rise, especially with the frenzied buying of certain vintage testers on eBay and other online auction sites. Some of these sell prices of certain brands and models are grossly inflated. Hopefully on this webpage I can present good vintage tube testers at reasonable prices, away from the frenzy of the online auctionplace. In addition, we offer a 30 day warranty on all of our testers. Try finding a tube tester with a warranty on an auction site!
B&K Model 747 Tube Tester
This tester is the most famous and sought after in the B&K line. It has the operational simplicity of an emissions tester, yet is a true dynamic mutual conductance tester. This gives it the accuracy of much more complex and expensive testers. This tester is the best B&K ever made, and it is entirely solid-state. This is the original model 747 with the better piano lid hinge and larger meter. Like the later "B" model, it is a dynamic mutual conductance tester, reading in percentage of Gm. There are only 2 dials to set in the upper test section for most common tubes, and dual element triodes like the 12AT7 are tested by pushing a 2nd button without having to reset all the settings for the 2nd triode. Less common tubes are set up by setting the selector levers that correspond to each tube element, insuring accuracy and eliminating false shorts readings. This will test all guitar amp, CB/ham radio, and virtually all hi-fi tubes. Antique radio (large pin and most pre-1940) and 4-pin base tubes like the 2A3 are about the only tubes it cannot test. Nearly all popular hi-fi, ham radio, and guitar amp tubes are tested by true Gm measurement, which is much more accurate than other emissions testers. It has been fully calibrated, and then tested and accuracy compared with other calibrated transconductance units. Highlights of this great tester include:
- Accurate dynamic mutual conductance merit test is easily read on the English type GOOD-BAD scale. Scale to 120 for balancing tubes on percentage of Gm.
- Factory calibration has just been performed on this unit.
- Has sockets for most late model hifi tubes, including compactrons, novar, magnoval, and Nuvistors.
- Features the Dyna Jet System, where many popular tubes can be tested by just setting two dials. Dual section tubes can be checked with just two pushbuttons.
- Most popular tubes and their test settings are listed on the front panel, right next to their test socket!
- Features a clever voltage control circuit that eliminates the need to constantly set the AC line level, to insure accurate tests regardless of line voltage variations.
- Sensitive grid leakage and shorts test read on the meter and on a neon lamp, indicating grid emissions, internal shorts, or gas.
- Life-test pushbutton, which will indicate on the meter, gives indication of relative good use left in a tube.
- New bound manual and original tube setup book included. No clunky roll charts to mess with.
- Lightweight, and housed in a rugged carry case with lid. Super clean!
- Carries our 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
- Ask us about a reference 6L6 calibration tube to go with this tester!
- $499.00 plus insured shipping.
$499.00 Plus Shipping
MORE TESTERS CAN BE SEEN BY CLICKING HERE!
MORE TUBE TESTERS COMING VERY SOON, PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE!!!
Questions? Call us at 847-496-4546 from 8 AM until 4 PM, Monday through Friday, USA Central Standard Time. Or, e-mail us.
Click here for a printable order form. Use your "back" button to return to this page.
Return to the Audiophile tube page.
Return to the Main tube page.
Return to the Home page.
NEW! Order tubes or merchandise online using your credit card! Click here: