BRENT JESSEE RECORDING & SUPPLY, INC.
VACUUM TUBE TESTERS FOR SALE
I have some vintage vacuum tube testers for sale, and are listed here on this page. Anyone who has a sizeable investment in vacuum tubes or vacuum tube hi-fi equipment owes it to themselves to have a good tube tester on hand to periodically check the tubes they are using. You can take a more active role in "tube rolling" as you can match your own pairs, and keep tabs on the tubes you are currently using and know well in advance of when replacement time is near.
Tube testers have been out of production since the late 1970s, and supplies are only fair at this time. The prices have been steadily on the rise, especially with the frenzied buying of certain vintage testers on eBay and other online auction sites. Some of these sell prices of certain brands and models are grossly inflated. Hopefully on this webpage I can present good vintage tube testers at reasonable prices, away from the frenzy of the online auctionplace.
B&K Model 707 Tube Tester
This "suitcase" tester is one of the most famous and sought after in the B&K line. It has the operational simplicity of an emissions tester, yet is a true dynamic mutual conductance tester. This gives it the accuracy of much more complex and expensive testers. Most tubes made since 1940 can be tested on this model, with the simplicity of setting two dials and pushing 3 or 4 buttons! Antique tubes with large pins are about the only tubes it will not test. The tester is clean inside and out, it looks like it has not seen much use. It has been completely cleaned inside and calibrated, and then tested and accuracy compared with other calibrated transconductance units. You would pay at least $200 plus shipping to have this done by anyone else, but is included in our price, which also includes our 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Highlights include:
- Accurate dynamic mutual conductance merit test is easily read on the English type GOOD-BAD scale. Scale to 120 for balancing tubes on percent of Gm.
- Easy to learn, fast to use!
- Has sockets for most late model hifi tubes, including compactrons, novar, magnoval, and Nuvistors.
- Features the Dyna Jet System, where many popular tubes can be tested by just setting two dials. Dual section tubes can be checked with just two pushbuttons.
- Features a clever voltage control circuit that eliminates the need to constantly set the AC line level, to insure accurate tests regardless of line voltage variations.
- Sensitive grid leakage and shorts test read on the meter and on a neon lamp, indicating grid emissions, internal shorts, or gas.
- Life-test pushbutton, which will indicate on the meter, gives indication of relative good use left in a tube.
- Copy of manual and tube setup book included. No clunky roll charts to mess with.
- Lightweight, and housed in a rugged carry case with hinged, removeable lid.
- Calibration re-check and bench testing performed right before shipping to you, included in the price!
- $450.00.00 plus insured shipping.
- Ask us about a certified calibration tube to go with this tester!
$450.00 Plus Shipping
MORE TESTERS CAN BE SEEN BY CLICKING HERE!
MORE TUBE TESTERS COMING VERY SOON, PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE!!!
Questions? Call us at 847-496-4546 from 8 AM until 4 PM, Monday through Friday, USA Central Standard Time. Or, e-mail us.
Click here for a printable order form. Use your "back" button to return to this page.
Return to the Audiophile tube page.
Return to the Main tube page.
Return to the Home page.
NEW! Order tubes or merchandise online using your credit card! Click here: