BRENT JESSEE RECORDING & SUPPLY, INC.
VACUUM TUBE TESTERS FOR SALE
I have some vintage vacuum tube testers for sale, and are listed here on this page. Anyone who has a sizeable investment in vacuum tubes or vacuum tube hi-fi equipment owes it to themselves to have a good tube tester on hand to periodically check the tubes they are using. You can take a more active role in "tube rolling" as you can match your own pairs, and keep tabs on the tubes you are currently using and know well in advance of when replacement time is near.
Tube testers have been out of production since the late 1970s, and supplies are only fair at this time. The prices have been steadily on the rise, especially with the frenzied buying of certain vintage testers on eBay and other online auction sites. Some of these sell prices of certain brands and models are grossly inflated. Hopefully on this webpage I can present good vintage tube testers at reasonable prices, away from the frenzy of the online auctionplace.
Hickok Model 605 Tube Tester
This is probably the most popular of the Hickok vintage tube testers, the red suitcase models. This tester is like the model 600 but also incorporates a vacuum tube voltmeter into the package. The 605 tube test section represents the best of both worlds: ease of use with an English "Good-Bad" scale, plus the accuracy of a true dynamic mutual conductance tester reading in micromhos or Gm. This tester is one of the Hickok "classics" as it embodies all that Hickok was famous for, accuracy, true Gm testing circuitry that they owned the patents on, ease of use, and portability. The 605 adds the ability to measure volts AC and DC, Ohms, milliamps, and even tests capacitors. Incidentally, it is also clear that these were well built testers and as proof just look at how many are still in use today! This sweet one is no exception. This tester shows some wear, and obvious tattering of the case cover which is typical of these units of this age. The outer case has been repainted so the nicks and tears in the covering do not show. The face of the tester is in good condition with no damage or missing parts. The unit is calibrated, tested by us, and is in excellent working condition. This will test most tubes, including all antique types, with the exception of nuvistor and compactron base types. Highlights include:
- Accurate merit test is easily read on the English type GOOD-BAD scale. Micromho scale for accurate Gm measurements and tube balancing.
- Measures true transconductance, the most accurate method to test tubes.
- Calibration checked and found to be accurate. Type 83 and 5Y3GT tubes inside tested as NOS.
- Has sockets for most late model hifi tubes, plus sockets for all antique types.
- Very sensitive gas test.
- Calibration pot for setting power line level, with indication on the meter, to insure accurate tests regardless of line voltage variations.
- VTVM section measures volts AC & DC, Ohms, milliamps, and tests capacitors.
- Free running roll chart plus update booklet. Owner's manual included.
- Life-test by dropping filament voltage one notch is easily done, which will indicate on the meter.
- Main power fused by front panel lamp for safety and ease of replacement.
- Case with lid is in good condition.
- Calibration and bench testing included in price. Entire unit covered by our 30 day guarantee!
- $500.00 plus insured shipping.
- Ask us about getting a calibration reference tube, with certified measurements, to go with this tester!
$500.00 Plus Shipping
MORE TESTERS CAN BE SEEN BY CLICKING HERE!
Questions? Call us at 847-496-4546 from 8 AM until 4 PM, Monday through Friday, USA Central Standard Time. Or, e-mail us.
Click here for a printable order form. Use your "back" button to return to this page.
Return to the Audiophile tube page.
Return to the Main tube page.
Return to the Home page.
NEW! Order tubes or merchandise online using your credit card! Click here: